Thursday, February 12, 2009

Holy Pain in the Mouth.

***Warning, the following contains a lot of whining. Also, do not read if you still have your wisdom teeth.*** So, I went to get my wisdom tooth extracted this morning... I'm not sure I ever want to go to the dentist ever again. The dentist/orthodontist has never been a problem for me, mind you. Three years ago, I had my lower left, partially impacted wisdom tooth out - easy as pie. I even had a filling done while I was at it and went grocery shopping afterwards. This time around, not so much. I literally feel like my jaw is broken. It took 20 minutes of tugging, pulling, sawing, cracking...I'd rather give birth. I got home and took some pain meds and got into bed. As the local wore off, I could feel the pain settling in until I literally couldn't take it anymore - I was moaning - luckily I was the only one in the house or I'm sure Brianna would've been scared to hear her mommy like that. Then, I break out in a rash from the pain med and get a fever - lovely. Well, lucky for me, I have since found a comfortable position in bed and am managing the pain with just 4 ibuprofen. There's something so wrong about paying $200 just to feel so crappy. Anyway, my sweet hubs is currently making me my favorite potato leek soup and I feel like the worst is behind me...Yay! Now, just to keep that blood clot in there :)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh goodness, friend! I am SO SORRY!!!! Praying for a speedy recovery. Wanna come over and play again sometime next week??